IT System(Linux) Administrator
IT System(Linux) Administrator. Vilnius, Lithuania
We offer work in an international group of companies, IT department, acting as an IT service provider to subsidiaries, providing quality services with SLA commitments, using its own high-reliability virtualized infrastructure, mature ServiceDesk system based on ITIL processes.
Role’s scope and responsibilities:
As a Linux System Administrator in our organization you would work in an IT team in a holding company and cooperate with IT specialists, programmers, and project managers in group companies in Lithuania and in the world. The infrastructure consists of about 100 web-based websites and systems, from representative / corporate websites to hundreds of thousands of unique visitor web portals, global aviation e-commerce solutions, and business management systems covering ground handling, aircraft repair, aviation training academy, tour operator, and more. Role will have a dual responsibility for both IT operations and project delivery. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining our Linux-based systems and infrastructure, ensuring their stability and optimal performance. Additionally, you will play a vital role in implementing Linux solutions for project delivery, working closely with cross-functional teams to meet project requirements.
- Respond to system incidents, troubleshoot issues, and resolve technical problems in a timely manner using following incident management procedures
- Collaborate with other IT teams and vendors to address complex technical challenges.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify and prevent recurring issues under problem management procedures
- Provide technical support and guidance to IT Service desk.
- Monitor system resources, identify performance bottlenecks, and optimize system configurations for maximum efficiency.
- Implement monitoring tools and configure alerts to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Analyze system logs and implement proactive measures to ensure system reliability.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Design and implement Linux-based infrastructure solutions to meet project requirements.
- Collaborate with project managers, developers, and stakeholders to understand project goals, scope, and deliverables.
- Build, configure, and maintain Linux operating systems on physical and virtual servers under change management process.
- Ensure compliance with project timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Document project deliverables, including system configurations, processes, and procedures according to knowledge base management process
Requirements for the candidate:
- Very good knowledge of Linux OS systems administration;
- Excellent LAMP stack knowledge;
- Experience with Version Control tools;
- Experience with CI / CD: GitLab, Jenkins, Jira or similar platforms;
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code: Ansible, Salt or other automation solutions;
- Experience with Containerization and Orchestration: Docker or similar platforms;
- Ability to write Shell scripts;
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar position;
- Responsibility and proactive thinking to make tomorrow better than today;
- Good knowledge of English.
- Experience with Monitoring and Logging: Zabbix, Graphana, Prometheus or similar platforms;
- Experience with Veeam Backup & Replication;
- Basic firewall administration knowledge;
- Experience with virtual infrastructure: VMware;
- Experience with public clouds.
The company offers:
- Opportunity to work with innovative IT solutions for the aviation market.
- Professional, passionate, and collaborative collaborators.
- International work environment.
- Health Insurance.
- Learning and development opportunities to further improve your skills.
- Gym in the office.
- Employee events.
- Possibility to work remotely.
- Indoor dining room.
- Partnership discount system for cooperating companies.
- English courses.
Salary: from 3500 € (brutto)